Join farmers, educators, and service providers in Rutland, Vermont for a two-day exploration of open farms!
More information at www.uvm.edu/vtagritourism
Register on-line at https://www.regonline.com/vtagritourism-apr2015-rutland by Monday, March 23.
Scholarships are available. Please contact Barbara Noyes Pulling at Barbara@rutlandrpc.org or 802-775-0871 x207 before you register if you would like to apply for a scholarship. Deadline is Sunday, March 15.
Beekman 1802 is offering four ‘lifts’ for small farms with big ideas sponsored by money they’ve raised in the last year selling their pasta sauces. Pass the opportunity to win $10,000 or other mini-‘lifts’ on to small farmers you know.
Applications are due April 22nd, 2014 and winners will be announced April 29th. Learn more or fill out an application profile online.
Vermont Grass Farmers Association 2013 Member Innovation Mini-Grant
Closing date: March 31, 2013 (postmarked)
The VGFA would like to encourage and support innovative practices to increase the sustainability and vitality of grass-based farming in our region. We are soliciting proposals from members interested in trying new practices to increase proﬁtability, reduce environmental degradation, or test new techniques.
Possible ideas include but are not limited to:
• Extension of the grazing season,
• Innovative grazing practices or infrastructure,
• New forage varieties or cropping systems,
• Evaluation of new or competing products, etc.
A committee will rank proposals on the following criteria:
• Innovation – the project will bring new ideas to the VGFA community
• General feasibility – the practices will be replicable on other farms
• Measurable outcome – results will be assessed and interpreted
• Accessibility & documentation- results will be presented to VGFA membership.
Possibilities include: pasture walks, posters at the Annual VT Grazing & Livestock Conference,
photos or newsletter reports
The program is also open to non-members. If you are not a current member of VGFA, please enclose an
application fee of $40 with your proposal, which includes a one year membership to the organization.
Send completed application to: VGFA, PO Box 142, Randolph Center VT 05061