Larson Farm, Wells, VT
Larson Farm is a 320 acre grass-based dairy and beef farm in Wells, VT, 23 miles SW of Rutland, VT and 5 miles east of Granville, NY. We sell high quality, 100% grass-fed, raw Jersey milk to a growing market, including delivery to farmers’ markets. We milk 20 jerseys and have a 30 animal Devon beef herd. We are actively restoring our soils. We also have a small horse boarding operation, some basic horse infrastructure, and an interest in draft horses. We have a lively internship program which enriches the lives of all involved.
We are looking for other farmers to farm with us. Possibilities for farmer-owned enterprises on our land include poultry, lamb, market and value-added vegetables, apples, small fruits, pork, woodland development, education/agritourism, and even value-added dairy.
We envision others starting their own farm enterprises on the property to utilize the existing farm resources:
- We have a lively small farm store, where we sell raw milk and grass-fed beef to a growing and enthusiastic clientele.
- There are 3 year-round Farmers’ Markets w/in 40 minutes of us- Rutland, Dorset, and West Pawlet.
- There are three 3-BR homes on the farm, as well as a 3-BR intern apartment.
- Equipment on the farm includes two tractors, a 9-foot rotovator, and various other pieces of equipment, some horse-powered.
- A 42-KW solar array provides power for the farm.
- There may be hourly work available on the dairy.
We want to form a collaborative community here, sharing resources, labor, and lifestyle, to the benefit of all.
For more information, please contact Cynthia & Rich Larson at: 802-645-1957 or email@example.com.