Application Deadline – Friday, May 15th! Program starts in June!
The Youth Ag. IDA program is for youth ages 14-21 who are seeking to build a sustainable career in agriculture. It’s built around a year of hands-on instruction, business coaching, and learning from established farmers – all while saving money towards a business asset purchase that will be matched 2:1.
What does this look like?
- Participants attend a year (approximately 10-20 hours- depending on preference) of fun, informative, hands-on learning experiences (these classes have an estimated $1,500 value)
- Participants complete approximately ten hours of online coursework
- Participants complete a business plan
- Each young farmer saves $500
- The program matches the young farmer’s savings with $1,000
- The young farmer participant will then have that $1,500 to use for an asset purchase
Please email Program Coordinator Liz Kenton with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.