RAFFL’s Free Movie Night is only two days away!! We’re showing the 2014 movie, Chef.
This free event is RAFFL’s way of saying THANK YOU to everyone in our community who supports local farms, local food, and local businesses. The free movie night is on Wednesday, May 6 at the Paramount Theater in downtown Rutland.
Join us on May 6, and invite your friends! Show starts at 7pm. Watch the trailer.
RAFFL is searching for an energetic and creative program director. Follow the link below for a detailed job description and share far and wide!
RAFFL is seeking a qualified candidate with diverse skills to join our team. This person will take on the primary responsibilities of coaching new farmers in the greater Rutland region as well as coordinating additional programs that link farmers with new market opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with New Farmers in the area to assess their needs, connect them to resources, and create programming that helps them to achieve success of their farms.
- Work with aspiring and beginning farmers to assist them in preparing a detailed learning plan and timeline that links them to available services and learning opportunities
- Conduct outreach to landowners around the region to encourage listings on the Vermont land access database
- Provide information and assistance to landowners so that they can effectively identify their goals for making land available to farmers
- Operate RAFFL’s Farm to Workplace program
- Serve as a resource to prospective buyers of local foods to help them identify farms with available produce
- Create and share resources for farmers that identify potential market opportunities
- Research new and developing markets for local farms
- Build relationships within the business and institutional sectors of our region to better understand institutional demand
- Track project data and create reports about program delivery
- Continually evaluate and improve program delivery
- Work with Program Director to pursue additional funding opportunities to maintain and/or expand services
- Other duties as required or as time allows
This position is an hourly positiion requiring 32-40 hours of work each week, year-round. Compensation is $15-$17 per hour, depending on experience. Hours of work are flexible, with some nights and weekends required for special events. Mileage for required travel is reimbursed.
RAFFL is a dynamic, nimble organization. We are looking for a self-motivated, creative, disciplined and committed person to join our team. RAFFL is a Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- A demonstrated passion for local food and small, diversified farms
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, dedicated to making an impact in one’s community
- Sufficient knowledge of farming practices and farm management to provide useful advice and referrals to aspiring and new farmers
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people, co-workers and community partners
- Experience successfully juggling multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Record-keeping, computer, and data entry skills
- Clear & effective written and verbal communication
- Experience with grant management (including evaluation and tracking)
How to Apply
Send a resume with cover letter to Tara Kelly, RAFFL, PO Box 284, Rutland, VT 05702 or email to email@example.com.
Deadline for receipt of application is April 14, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Want to sell more to restaurants, stores, schools and institutions?
Want to source more local products for your food business?
Register for for RAFFL’s Matchmaker today
Farmers/Specialty Foods Producers (Sellers) click here to register
Restaurants, Stores, Schools, Institutions (Buyers) click here to register
On March 20th we will be holding our 2013 matchmaker event at the Vermont Country Store Distribution Center in North Clarendon in conjunction with a resource fair and RAFFL’s annual meeting.
When you register for the event, we will arrange meetings with buyers or growers that make sense for your business. This is a great opportunity for farmers and food buyers to connect!
Schedule of Events:
1-3 Workshop hosted by UVM-Extension & VT-FEED (Open to Farmers and Schools/Institutions):
From Farm to Cafeteria Plate: everyone plays a part in local food safety. This workshop will take a photo-tour of on-farm food safety considerations and lead participants to the real-life safety considerations when local foods are received, handled and processed for the cafeterias.
3-5 Matchmaking Event
5-6 Demand Focus Group for Schools & Institutions, Resource Fair,Tours of VCS Distribution Center (open to the public)
6-8 RAFFL Annual Meeting, Potluck & Mixer (open to the public)
Where: Vermont Country Store Distribution Center, 401 Innovation Rd, No. Clarendon
Please join us!
RSVP by clicking here.
Deadline to register is March 13th!
If you have any questions about the events please feel free to contact me!
Garland@rutlandfarmandfood.org or 802-417-1499
Today’s the day! Can’t wait to see you there!
A New Farmer Mixer will be held at 7:30 pm, January 24 at Cafe Terra, 67 Center Street, in Rutland. The mixer is open to aspiring as well as established farmers.
Folks getting into dairy, livestock, veggie, fruit and grain, specialty crops are invited as are farm workers/interns and new ag.-based business owners!
This mixer will be a great opportunity for networking with other new farmers and people involved in agriculture in the area.
The mixer will be a potluck, BYOB.
Don’t forget: it’s time to get your listings and advertisements into our next edition of the Locally Grown Guide. It’s our annual publication concerning the farms and foods of Rutland County. With affordable rates and distribution to more than 35,000, you can’t afford to miss out.
For forms and additional information about listing and ads click here or contact Jill@rutlandfarmandfood.org or 802-417-7096.