Dos Dinas Farm, Poultney, VT
Dos Dinas Farm is a newly established berry farm in Poultney, VT. Over the course of the past three years, owners John and Lorena Schramm have worked to plant out a variety of brambles and blueberries. They are now seeking an experienced, motivated individual to manage all aspects of the farm.
Details are as follows:
- 4000 brambles (raspberry, black raspberry, blackberry) & 2000 blueberries planted
- 30×150 hoophouse – built and planted with raspberries in 2014 (owners open to alternative uses of the greenhouse space)
- Small apiary enterprise on-site
- Land available for establishing a vegetable enterprise
- Equipment available for use
- Farm is on busy VT Route 30 in an area popular with tourists
- Housing available
The ideal person would:
- Have at least 3 years of experience working on farms, ideally with small fruits and with selling both directly and to wholesale accounts
- Be a creative entrepreneur and work to grow Dos Dinas into a profitable business and an area destination for berry picking
- Be self-motivated, self-directed, and resourceful
The specific details of this management position are flexible and can be arranged to meet the needs and goals of the person brought on board.
For more details and to apply, contact John Schramm at: firstname.lastname@example.org