Final Reminder! This Workshop is Coming Up Next Week!
Come learn all about welcoming visitors onto your farm on Thursday January 10th, 2013 from 9 am-12.
The workshop will be held at the RAFFL offices on the 3rd floor of the Opera House, 67 Merchants Row in Rutland.
RAFFL is hosting a workshop designed to help you enhance, and maximize on-farm experiences for visitors. The workshop will begin with a panel discussion, which provides an overview of the following topics:
· Safety, liability, and Insurance: Kevin Durkee, Durkee Insurance;
· Food Safety: Londa Vanderwal Nwadike, UVM Extension;
· Best Practices: Beth Kennett, Vermont Farms Association;
· Farm Education: Susie Marchand, Shelburn Farms;
· Case Study: Irene Hathaway, Hathaway Farms;
After the panel discussion, there will be small group sessions. The small-group sessions provide individualized attention, and allow you to focus on topics that are most relevant to your vision. Small-group topics include…
View original post 24 more words