The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets, in conjunction with the Vermont Farm Show, is pleased to announce the first annual “Buy Local Market” which will be held during Consumer Night on January 25, 2012. The Buy Local Market will present consumers with an ideal opportunity to “taste, learn and buy Vermont agricultural products” from across our state in one convenient place. The Buy Local Market is a new feature of the Vermont Farm Show, which relocated from Barre to the Champlain Valley Exhibition in Essex Junction this year.
This venue will allow 42 different agricultural product vendors to provide tastes and learning materials; for consumers, it will offer a chance to purchase the finest Vermont has to offer. The Buy Local Market will be located in the Blue Ribbon building from 4 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 – hope to see you there!
What: 1st Annual Vermont Buy Local Market: Taste, Learn, and Buy VT Agricultural Products
When: January 25, 2012; 4-8pm. “Consumer Night” at the Vermont Farm Show
Where: Blue Ribbon Building, Champlain Valley Exhibition, Essex, Vermont
- FREE Booth Space for vendors of agricultural products, with a goal of 3 spaces per county, 42 tables total. Space is limited! Express your interest in participating by December 28, 2011.
- Variety of agricultural products from across the state – vegetables, fruits, cheeses, meats, grains, etc.
- Vendors can sell product, provide samples and information to visitors.
- All products must meet all regulatory requirements.
- Farm to School programs from across the state will be highlighted.
- Feature the best that Vermont has to offer on agricultural products during the Farm Show.
- Farm Show has moved to The Champlain Valley Exhibition in Essex, VT and Chittenden county (largest population in VT) residents will be encouraged to attend. Expansion of market for products.
- Your products will be featured during consumer night activities.
- Local radio and television coverage.
- Please fill out a Buy Local Registration Form (click here) with your farm or agribusiness name and address, along with a list of products to be vended.
- Return application by December 28, 2011 to the Agency of Agriculture – Abbey Willard firstname.lastname@example.org or Koi Boynton email@example.com or mail to: VT Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets, 116 State St., Montpelier, VT 05620-2901, to express your interest in participating in the Buy Local Market.
- Only 42 tables will be available; tables are 2’X8’, with two folding chairs per table.
- Representation from across Vermont’s agricultural communities is desired, so some prioritization may be necessary.
- For questions or for further information, please contact Abbey Willard at 802-828-3829 or Koi Boynton at 802-828-2084.