New Program! Thanks to funding from the VT Agricultural Innovation Center, the Vermont Farm Viability Program is offering specialized technical assistance to Vermont farmers and businesses involved in the production or processing of Vermont-raised meat. This program can help you with:
– Increasing meat production or processing
– Expanding from seasonal to year-round production
– Eliminating processing bottlenecks
– Marketing to increase sales or change markets
– New enterprise development
– Business/financial management to improve profitability
Enrollment period: November 2011 – March 2012, applications accepted on a rolling basis.
• You must be a Vermont resident.
• You must have at least 3 years of experience managing a farm or processing business.
• Your business must have produced at least $10,000 of gross income in the most recent tax year.
APPLICATIONS: Meat Scaling Up Application. In November it will also be available online at www.vhcb.org/viability.html. Please contact Liz Gleason at the VT Housing and Conservation Board for further information at 828-3370 or email@example.com.