Check out this new program Vermont Fresh Network is launching – a pre-market product feedback program.
A panel of VFN culinary professionals is available to provide product evaluations for Vermont farmers and producers.
The panel will offer advice to participants on a variety of attributes, including, but not limited to: suggested product uses, packaging, delivery, quality expectations, quantity requirements, and marketplace response to the proposed price point. Following product evaluation by the panel, producers will be provided with a report containing panel members’ feedback. These evaluations may be incorporated into marketing plans and/or inform product modifications.
This program is intended for Vermont farm product development – including conventional and/or organic produce (raw product or lightly processed), dairy, meat (raw product or processed) and specialty food products. Currently, the program is open to all Vermont food producers and growers, and is available to qualified candidates free of charge.
This is an excellent opportunity to present your value added Vermont agricultural product for feedback from a panel of culinary experts.
Culinary Advisory Panel Members:
- Aaron Josinsky,
- Chef Diane Imrie, Director of Nutrition Services, Fletcher Allen Healthcare
- Gregory Labarthe, Owner, Bon Temps Gourmet
- Molly Stevens, Chef and Cookbook Author
- Maura O’Sullivan, Chef, Penny Cluse Café
- Nina Lesser-Goldsmith, Learning Center Director, Healthy Living Natural Foods
- Sean Buchanan, Chef, Sales Representative, Black River Produce
- Tom Bivins, Executive Chef, New England Culinary Institute
- Jeff Egan, Kitchen Manager, Hunger Mountain Coop
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. Information about the program is available on our website http://www.vermontfresh.net/culinaryadvisoryprogram/ or by contacting email@example.com.
The application can be filled out online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VFNProductAdvisoryApplication. This project is made possible by the generous support of the Vermont Agriculture Innovation Center and the John Merck Fund.
Meghan Sheradin, Executive Director
Vermont Fresh Network