This workshop is not close, but should be a great opportunity to learn about this specialized crop.
Hops 101 – Intro to Small Scale Hops Production
July 16, 2011 – DoubleTree Hotel in Tarrytown, NY. The cost for the workshop is $125.00 per person, and people can register at the URL below: http://www.atlantichops.com/hops-101-introductory-level/
• History of Hop Production in the East Coast
• Botany and Horticulture
• Market Analysis
• Hop yard infrastructure, trellis designs, hardware, material costs
• Plant nutrition, soil, and irrigation essentials
• Proper Hop Drying
• Hop Processing Overview
Attendees will learn:
• How/why the hop industry collapsed in our regions
• How to design and install a hop yard trellis
• What the economic potential is for hop production
• What hops require for high yield and high quality
• How to harvest and dry hops properly
• What a hop yard operation will cost to establish and operate
Who should attend?
• Current farmers looking for high value niche crops
• Aspiring farmers looking for an entry point into farming
• Serious home brewers looking to raise their own hops
• Extension agents, educators, etc.
• Brewers interested in locally sourced ingredients
To receive updates on course location and notification of the start of online registration, please send an email to email@example.com with the words “Hops 101” in the subject line.