RAFFL’s Annual Farmers’ Gathering and Resource Fair
Tuesday March 22
Green Mountain College, Withey Hall (click here for map)
1:00 – 5:30: Farmer Workshops (Registration Required, Click here to register)
4:00 – 6:30: Farmer Resource Fair (Here’s a list of the participating organizations)
6:30 – 9:00: Farmers’ Gathering
For a list of organizations that will be represented at the resource fair, check our website!
Join RAFFL, Green Mountain College, and Poultney Mettowee Natural Resource Conservation District on March 22 for our annual Farmer Resource Fair and Gathering. Through workshops and presentations, we will engage in a deliberate dialogue about relevant agricultural issues. Plus, there will be tons of opportunities to connect with fellow farmers, buyers, and regional agricultural service provides. It’s sure to be a fun, informative day!This year RAFFL is combining its Resource Fair with the ever-popular Farmers’ Gathering dinner. Come for the afternoon Resource Fair, the evening localvore dinner, or—even better—both! The dinner will feature Ellen Kahler, Executive Director of the Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund, as she discusses the Farm-to-Plate strategic plan.
Workshop Lineup: Please click here for full workshop descriptions
Please register here if you are planning on attending workshops!
- Registration is $20 per person
- Save when two people from the same farm attend – only $30 for both
1:00 – 2:45pm – Workshop Session I
- Developing a Farm Food Safety Plan (Presenters: Hans Estrin and Ginger Nickerson, both UVM Extension staff)
3:00 – 4:00pm – Workshop Session II
- Expanding your markets: Learning session between institutional buyers and farmers (Moderator: Tara Kelly, Rutland Area Farm and Food Link)
- Growers Discussion: On-farm Composting Q & A with the Highfields Center for Composting (Moderator: Jack McSweeney, Highfields Center For Composting)
4:15 – 5:30pm – Workshop Session III
- Hiring farm employees: What you should know workman’s comp insurance, taxes and more
- Growers Discussion: Farm-to-Plate Plan Q & A on scaling up Vermont agriculture (Moderator: Ellen Kahler, Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund)