For over 25 years Rural Vermont has worked to ensure economic justice for Vermont farmers through education, grassroots organizing and advocacy. We invite you to join our committed team and help to fulfill our vision for a Vermont local food system, which sustains our farmers, our communities, and our lands.
• Our internships are unpaid, but we do reimburse for expenses.
• It is required that interns have a reliable source of transportation. Mileage reimbursement is available for travel to events outside our Montpelier office.
• We offer excellent training with experienced professionals, and you will have a variety of networking opportunities. We are happy to fulfill any requirements you may have for school reporting, evaluations, etc.
• We are flexible with regard to the number of hours/week, and the length of the internship. We will work with you to find a schedule that suits your needs. We generally look for a 16, 24, or 32 hours/week commitment.
• Interns must be available to mostly work from the Montpelier office and for some off-site weekend and evening meetings, events, and other activities.
• We will also work with you to develop a clear work plan with concrete deliverables for your portfolio. We have many projects available and can tailor a project so you learn the skills you want to develop while completing important work in the service of our mission.
Organizer/Campaign Interns (Two positions) – Work with Rural Vermont’s Organizer, Robb Kidd and Executive Director, Andrea Stander to help us achieve specific campaign goals. A major task for the fall of 2012 will be to conduct the Rural Vermont Raw Milk Producer Survey and assist in the production of the Annual Raw Milk Report to the Legislature. Our fall 2012 interns will also have the opportunity to help develop Rural Vermont’s first Annual Report to our membership and supporters. Other tasks may include: policy research, creating campaign materials, engaging and recruiting activists and volunteers, and representing Rural Vermont at public events. In general, these are 20-30 hr/week internships.
Outreach Intern – Work with Outreach Coordinator Shelby Girard to strengthen and expand our statewide network of Rural Vermont members and supporters by helping to plan and present mission-driven special events and public education activities. Learn how to plan an event from start to finish, including managing logistics, building relationships, supporting publicity/turnout, and recruiting and managing volunteers. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to work with a grassroots organization. This is a 16 hr/week internship.
Fundraising Intern – Work with Outreach Coordinator Shelby Girard and Executive Director Andrea Stander to implement a fundraising plan that ensures stable and sustainable income sources for Rural Vermont. Learn about fundraising methods and coordinate appeals, make presentations, follow up with prospective members, and help with event planning. Anyone interested in future nonprofit work will greatly benefit from this experience! Great resume builder. This is a 16 hr/week internship.
DEADLINE: August 21, 2012 To Apply: Please send a cover letter, including a brief statement of why you are interested in working with Rural Vermont, your resume, and 3 references to:
15 Barre Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
ATTN:Fall Internships 2012
OR email the above materials as PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put INTERNSHIP in the subject line