Full time line cook/sous chef position available at the Red Clover Inn, Mendon VT. The Red Clover Inn is a fine dining establishment with an unpretentious attitude committed to using fresh & local Vermont ingredients. Experience is a plus however, our young chef is willing to train the right candidate. The optimal applicant will be a hardworking, team player with a genuine passion for food.
CONTACT INFO: email@example.com
54 Red Clover Lane, Mendon VT 05701
Beekman 1802 is offering four ‘lifts’ for small farms with big ideas sponsored by money they’ve raised in the last year selling their pasta sauces. Pass the opportunity to win $10,000 or other mini-’lifts’ on to small farmers you know.
Applications are due April 22nd, 2014 and winners will be announced April 29th. Learn more or fill out an application profile online.
Chet Parsons is doing a series of classes for a Master Shepherd Course, sponsored by the Vermont Sheep and Goat Association. The next class in on Sunday, April 6 from 9 AM to noon at Sterling College.
This is a class for beginners that will cover all aspects of sheep and goat production. If you are thinking of getting into the sheep or goat business, or have recently taken the plunge and now know what questions to ask, this class is for you. It will start with a classroom lecture and then move to the Sterling Farm for a “hands-on” session. It will cover handling sheep, basic health care, including hoof trimming, etc.
You can find more info about the courses at vtsheepandgoat.org. or call Chet at 802-848-3771. Chet’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
RAFFL is seeking a qualified candidate with diverse skills to join our team. This person will take on the primary responsibilities of coaching new farmers in the greater Rutland region as well as coordinating additional programs that link farmers with new market opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with New Farmers in the area to assess their needs, connect them to resources, and create programming that helps them to achieve success of their farms.
- Work with aspiring and beginning farmers to assist them in preparing a detailed learning plan and timeline that links them to available services and learning opportunities
- Conduct outreach to landowners around the region to encourage listings on the Vermont land access database
- Provide information and assistance to landowners so that they can effectively identify their goals for making land available to farmers
- Operate RAFFL’s Farm to Workplace program
- Serve as a resource to prospective buyers of local foods to help them identify farms with available produce
- Create and share resources for farmers that identify potential market opportunities
- Research new and developing markets for local farms
- Build relationships within the business and institutional sectors of our region to better understand institutional demand
- Track project data and create reports about program delivery
- Continually evaluate and improve program delivery
- Work with Program Director to pursue additional funding opportunities to maintain and/or expand services
- Other duties as required or as time allows
This position is an hourly positiion requiring 32-40 hours of work each week, year-round. Compensation is $15-$17 per hour, depending on experience. Hours of work are flexible, with some nights and weekends required for special events. Mileage for required travel is reimbursed.
RAFFL is a dynamic, nimble organization. We are looking for a self-motivated, creative, disciplined and committed person to join our team. RAFFL is a Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- A demonstrated passion for local food and small, diversified farms
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, dedicated to making an impact in one’s community
- Sufficient knowledge of farming practices and farm management to provide useful advice and referrals to aspiring and new farmers
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people, co-workers and community partners
- Experience successfully juggling multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Record-keeping, computer, and data entry skills
- Clear & effective written and verbal communication
- Experience with grant management (including evaluation and tracking)
How to Apply
Send a resume with cover letter to Tara Kelly, RAFFL, PO Box 284, Rutland, VT 05702 or email to email@example.com.
Deadline for receipt of application is April 14, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Larson Farm, a small grass-based Jersey dairy and Devon beef farm in southern Vermont is looking for a herdsperson who shares our passion for a naturally-managed grazing herd. Responsibilities would include milking and barn chores such as feeding, manure spreading, etc.
In addition, there is an opportunity for that person or couple to develop their own complimentary agricultural enterprise on our land. Possibilities include poultry, vegetables, apples, etc. Several housing options available. Compensation depends on experience. 802-645-1957